Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Homoge to Wendy's

I had a Southwest Taco Salad from Wendy's for dinner tonight. It was fantastic! It wasn't the first time I've ever had one, understand, I just needed a quick meal at the end of a very long day. This prompted me to really take stock of the things I used to take for granted, like fast food.

Before going gluten free, I was a fast food junkie. Fast food is quick, convenient and really cheap. Once I had to stop eating gluten, however, the convenience well ran dry. Most fast food restaurants carry very few gluten free items. Some (McDonald's) refuse to even make a full statement about the gluten contents of their wares.

The one noted exception to the fast food dilemma is Wendy's. Not only do they offer a lot of choices for the gluten free elite, they also offer a very clear listing on their website (PDF) of those wondrous items.

If you have not yet discovered the joy of eating gluten free at Wendy's, you should! Not only is it fast, good and gluten free, but I can get a salad, chili and baked potato there for less than $3.50! It doesn't get much better than that when I'm in a hurry.

Now, I don't work for Wendy's, nor am I affiliated in any way. I am however a fan of the one company in a trillion that stepped up and offered options to those of us that didn't have a whole lot to work with.

So, Wendy's, tonight I salute you! I sincerely hope that other fast food chains learn from your example.

Thought for the day: Change should not be feared, but rather, viewed as an excellent test of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment