Monday, June 15, 2009

Gluten Free Lo-Mein


Gluten Free Lo-Mein is up and running (not literally, that would be weird). I have to say, even I was surprised at how good this turned out. The noodles were the perfect amount of firm without being gummy or gluey. I am well on my way to a full Chinese buffet! Alas, I have no tips to add to this one, so here's a fun gluten free snack instead!

This is so simple as to be elementary, but so good! It's a lot like the traditional "Puppy Chow" recipe. I adapted this recipe for my sister, who doesn't like powdered sugar, but wanted something like Puppy Chow. The cashew butter has a more sweet and mild flavor than peanut butter which enhances the chocolate nicely. Enjoy!
  1. Melt the chocolate and the cashew butter together in a bowl.
  2. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the Rice Chex.
  3. Gently mix to coat.
  4. Allow chocolate to set in the refrigerator before eating.
Thought for the day: I'm thinking about starting a Gluten Free Product Review Site. Look for it in the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment