Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gluten Free Meatballs, Porcupine Style


These are so good! I adapted this recipe from one out of my mom’s archives. I added a little more spice and flair, and made them much smaller (party size). The original recipe made four quarter pound meatballs.

Believe it or not, I didn’t even touch the meat with my hands when making this huge test batch of Gluten Free Porcupine Meatballs. My nine year old daughter was more than happy to assist in the process (she had fun getting her hands dirty). She rolled every one of the balls while I browned them in the skillet. She did a really good job, and saved me a ton of time.

You can make these Gluten free meatballs ahead of time and freeze them for later preparation. if you do that, though, you need to use the crock pot preparation method.
After browning, place meatballs in a single layer on a cookie sheet and freeze them.
When frozen, transfer them to an airtight container for long term storage.

To cook frozen Gluten Free Porcupine Meatballs
Place meatballs, water and tomato sauce in crock pot.
Cover.
Cook for 10-12 hours on low, 5-6 hours on high.

I really hope you enjoy these.

Thought for the day: Special thanks go out to my family who loves and supports my wacky ideas and ambitions.

Special acknowledgment goes out to my super talented photographer and business partner, Kulani Kon. She spends a lot of time on my article and recipe photos and does a fantastic job. I don’t know what I’d do without her! Visit her at A Grain In Time Photography. (Really, you should, she’ll like you)

No comments:

Post a Comment