Friday, June 5, 2009

Portion Control

It has come to my attention (repeatedly) in the last year that the portions of gluten free food are tiny. At first this disturbed me. How am I supposed to live my gluttonous American lifestyle with so little food? It would cost me a fortune to eat multiple portions of these prepackaged happy foods, and just one is not enough...right?

Slowly, my mind has expanded, and my waistline has retreated, giving me a new outlook on this whole scenario. Here is what I've come up with:
  1. Diet programs, such as Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig use this type of portion control in their programs.
  2. Americans over eat on a regular basis. Portion sizes are typically 2-4 times what they should be.
  3. The expense of gluten free food leads me to eat more fresh meats, fruits and veggies.
So, the overall conclusion is that by going gluten free I have re-trained my eating habits. I am happier, healthier and look better than I have in years. I was actually told the other day that I have my high school shape back.

I figure, whatever prompts gluten free manufacturers to make portion sizes so small, I am grateful for it.

Thought for the day: Always look on the bright side of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment