Friday, July 24, 2009

Crunchy Gluten Free Snacks

I got a snack urge today and experimented in the kitchen to make it happen. I wanted to take a second to share my new crunchy gluten free snack with you.



I haven't always been gluten free, but I've always been a big snacker. My favorite things to munch are snack mixes. I love Gardetto's, Chex Mix, Cheeze It Mix...You get the point. My favorite part of these happy little mixes was always the little breadsticks. I miss them. So, when I got my snack craving today, I decided to put forth a little more effort than usual and see if I could recapture some of that mini breadstick happiness.

The end result was a bit time consuming, but very tasty! I now have an entire batch of crunchy gluten free snacks that will satisfy the breadstick lover in anyone. I regret that I don't have a picture to show you due to my lack of camera, but I hope to add one soon. For now, on to the recipe for Chebe breadstick mix!

  • 1 pkg. Chebe Onion and Garlic Breadstick Mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbs. olive oil
  • 2 Tbs. sesame seeds
  • 1 1/2 tsp each dried oregano, dried basil, dried sage
  • 4 Tbs. water
  • Sprinkle garlic salt
  1. Mix all ingredients except water in a large bowl.
  2. Slowly knead in water a tablespoon at a time.
  3. Form dough into small cylanders, about 1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide. (should make about 4 dozen)
  4. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees, until just starting to brown and crispy all the way through.
  5. Sprinkle with garlic salt while still hat and allow to cool.
Thought for the day: I rolled these out while watching cartoons with my daughter. You gotta love quality time with a purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment