I haven't always been gluten free, but I've always been a big snacker. My favorite things to munch are snack mixes. I love Gardetto's, Chex Mix, Cheeze It Mix...You get the point. My favorite part of these happy little mixes was always the little breadsticks. I miss them. So, when I got my snack craving today, I decided to put forth a little more effort than usual and see if I could recapture some of that mini breadstick happiness.
The end result was a bit time consuming, but very tasty! I now have an entire batch of crunchy gluten free snacks that will satisfy the breadstick lover in anyone. I regret that I don't have a picture to show you due to my lack of camera, but I hope to add one soon. For now, on to the recipe for Chebe breadstick mix!
- 1 pkg. Chebe Onion and Garlic Breadstick Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp each dried oregano, dried basil, dried sage
- 4 Tbs. water
- Sprinkle garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients except water in a large bowl.
- Slowly knead in water a tablespoon at a time.
- Form dough into small cylanders, about 1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide. (should make about 4 dozen)
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees, until just starting to brown and crispy all the way through.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt while still hat and allow to cool.