Monday, September 14, 2009

Amazing Muffins Please!

I was hit this morning by a craving. Unfortunately, though I can cook, I'm not much of a baker. So I'm asking for help. I need muffins!!! Great gluten free muffins. Blueberry, strawberry, lemon, apple cinnamon, any flavor! Maybe a pumpkin muffin in honor of fall...



Help me out, please. Post your gluten free muffin recipes or great mixes you've found in the comments section. It can be a mix, an original recipe or a recipe you've adapted to be gluten free. I want to create a database of gluten free muffins for people like me who are muffin deficient.

Thank you, thank you in advance!

Thought for the day: I think I like "great gluten free muffins" better than "great googly moogly".

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin Corn Muffins

    3 large eggs or Egg Replacer for two eggs
    1/2 cup olive oil
    3/4 cup pumpkin puree
    3/4 cup organic light brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1 cup organic stone ground cornmeal
    1 cup Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix or gluten-free pancake and baking mix
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt

    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
    In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, add the oil; whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk well. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Pumpkin Pie Spice and whisk to combine.
    In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix, baking powder, and sea salt.
    Add the dry ingredients to the wet; and stir just enough to make a smooth batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter into twelve muffin cups.
    Bake 20 minutes or so, until golden. Let them set for 5ish minutes. Serve warm.

    ReplyDelete