Monday, February 1, 2010

This Post Has No Purpose!

Since this is a 100% gluten free blog, I have decided that (for today anyway) it is a good place for anything and everything gluten free.  Yes, I have stated the obvious... I just wanted to be upfront about the fact that there is no great article to follow, no important information to pass on. This post has no grand purpose such as that.

Instead, I am going to use this post to share a bit of what is going on in this gluten free world of mine.



I have the most beautiful and wonderful daughter in the world.  She is the light of my life and my partner in crime when it comes to discovering new gluten free flavors. We have a pact, see, anything that is sent to taste and review we have to share. It's great!

D (my daughter, yes, that is what I call her... along with Pooka Bear, but don't tell her I told you) has such great insight and thoughts about her food. She puts the passion into testing that only a ten year old girl is capable of. The experience has bonded us, who knew?

Problem is, I'm still the mom. I am the one to encourage her along the gluten free road and make her feel less set apart. I send snacks to school and always keep a candy bar handy for the times when treats are a surprise. D is doing very well and developing a great gluten free attitude. She even applies a good sense of humor to situations that might otherwise make her feel very set apart. Most days, she'll be the first to tell you how under control we have this whole gluten free thing.

So, in light of all this, there is one secret I cannot share with her... I NEED PIZZA! Specifically a Pepperoni Lovers Stuffed Crust Pizza from Pizza Hut.

I share this with you in the full knowledge that I monitor her computer time too closely for her to ever see this post. I have a closet craving! I will not act on it, it would make me sick for weeks, but I dream about it. Every time someone mentions pizza my eyes glaze over and I begin to drool (secretly, of course)

Seriously, we talk openly about all the other wishes and cravings we have, but pizza is taboo. Why? Because pizza is, and always has been D's kryptonite. She hasn't realized yet how inferior the pizza we have been eating is! (She can handle topping a corn tortilla with sauce and cheese and calling it pizza) We have found some great crusts, even some good frozen pizzas, but it's not the same! And far be it for me to point that out to my innocent little cherub.

I'll stop here, due to the fact that I have already driven this point. Thank you all for letting me share my secret with you! Here's to hoping your cravings can always be controlled!

Thought for the day: Honesty may be the best policy, but it doesn't mean that everything should be said aloud just because it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment