Monday, June 7, 2010

The Ranch

I've been out of touch for a little while. It makes me feel totally disconnected to think of how long it has been since I have posted any articles or blog entries! I feel better when I think of the fact that it has been for an excellent cause, and today I'm excited to take you on a mini tour of where I've been :)



My dad, who is one of my very best friends, had a knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago. I have been spending my days at his house with him- and (mostly) without the internet! I have no complaints about the time spent, how could I? My darling and caring step-mom filled the house with gluten free snacks and other goodies to make sure I was well fed, I got to spend time with one of my very favorite people, and in my favorite place in the world!

The gluten free foods, mostly from Glutino and Thai Kitchen (she has good taste!) I will be reviewing soon on GFPR. The place, though, I'm taking you to today :) Welcome to my second home...

 This picture, although a little warbly, shows the view from the front porch. Admittedly, the panoramic function on my phone is not perfect, but this place is! What doesn't show are the ceiling fans that make a nice breeze all day long.


This picture shows (kind of) why we call this five acre piece of heaven "The Ranch". Half of the land here is fenced off for my two biggest babies, Sky and Comet. You can almost see them in the picture... They are bigger in real life :) And, yes, I did help build all that fence!







              


                 These are my toes!












Here are the woods where ticks and children play in abundance! In the Spring, half of the trees are purple- Beautiful!








As is my nature, I've saved the best for last :) This is "The Big Rock" (the kids named it...) My thinking place, the ultimate spot for peace and tranquility. When I have writers block, I take myself to "The Big Rock" and beat it into submission... The block, not the rock. I have accomplished more in this spot than any other. (This is also the view from the kitchen window, I've never enjoyed washing dishes so much!)

In the daily search for serenity, "The Ranch" is where I most find it. Here is where I write, where I think and where I dream. Thanks for traveling with me today!

Thought for the day:  It is my sincerest hope that everyone who reads this has a ranch of their own to dream in.

No comments:

Post a Comment